Washington, Pa- The Bethany College men's basketball fell to Washington and Jefferson in a PAC contest Saturday afternoon, 75-61. Khalil Wilson led the Bison with 12 points. The green and white are now 1-15 (0-7) while the Presidents are 7-9 (5-2).
1st- The Presidents struck first with a 5-0 lead before a jumper from Dylan Furlong put the Bison on the board. A trey from Derek White Jr. and a layup from Trent Uphold knotted the ballgame at 7-7. The Bison and Presidents exchanged buckets and see-sawed throughout the first half. The green and white took a 21-20 lead with 7:50 to go in the first from a Carter Adams jumper. The Presidents struck back going back up one, but Aiden Albert answered with a layup to put the Bison back in front. Bethany led by as many as three before a Washington and Jefferson layup put the Presidents knotted the game at 29-29. The Bison trailed at halftime, 31-29.
2nd- The Bison saw the Presidents lead grow to as many as 14 before an Allayasa Bray jumper cut the lead back to 12, 43-31. Moments later, the green and white cut the lead to nine with an Albert layup, 43-34. The Bison battled to chip away at the Presidents lead, getting within six with layups from Khalil Wilson and Logan Wolverton, 51-45. Bethany's comeback fell short in the final minutes of the second half.
IN THE BOX SCORE
• Khalil Wilson led the Bison with 12 points, shooting 5-8 from the field
• Allayasa Bray added 10 points
• The Bison had 29 rebounds in the matchup. Derek White Jr. pulled down a team high seven rebounds and contributed seven points
• Logan Wolverton grabbed six rebounds while adding eight points and dishing out a team high three assists
• Carter Adams contributed seven points
Bethany travels to Waynesburg in a PAC matchup Wednesday Jan. 16. Tipoff is slated for 7:30 pm