Nov 11, 2017
Andrew Woodley, Sports Information Director
ALTOONA, Pa. (Nov. 11) – The Bethany College Swimming & Diving team's were defeated by Penn State-Altoona on Saturday in a non-conference meet.
- Men: L 97-60 – Final Results
- Women: L 72-46 – Final Results
- Location: Altoona Area High School | Altoona, Pennsylvania
- The Bison men won a quartet of races, including two by junior Chayne Stresky (Oxford, Mich./Oxford). Stresky posted winning times in the 200-yard backstroke and 500-yard freestyle. He recorded a time of two minute, 4.3 seconds in the 200 backstroke and hit the final wall in the 500 freestyle at five minutes, 8.70 seconds to earn medalist honors in each.
- Junior Mark Tichenor (Pittsburgh, Pa./Brentwood) also finished with a winning time, taking first-place in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of two minutes, 35.24 seconds.
- Sophomore Chandler Chafins (East Liverpool, Ohio/Beaver Local) out-paced the competition in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of two minutes, 5.14 seconds to medal in the event.
- The Bethany women were paced by senior Alaina Geer (Greensburg, Pa./Hempfield), who won both the 50- and 500-yard freestyles. She established a time of 27.68 seconds in the fast-paced 50-yard freestyle and hit the wall at five minutes, 56.51 seconds in the 500-yard freestyle to place first.
- The Bison will have some time off before getting back into the pool on Wednesday, December 6 when they travel to Washington & Jefferson for a Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) competition.
- The meet is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.