BEAVER FALLS, Pa. (Aug. 30) - The Bethany College women's tennis team was defeated 7-2 by Geneva in a "non-conference" match that went late into Thursday evening. The two teams will play later in the season in a match that will count towards the conference standings.
- Final: Geneva 7, Bethany 2 (Final Results)
- Records: Bethany 0-1, 0-0 PAC | Geneva 1-0, 0-0 PAC
- Location: Blackhawk High School Courts | Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The freshman tandem of Wesley Crockett (Fort Stockton, Texas/Fort Stockton) and Megan McDonald (Uniontown, Pa./Laurel Highlands) earned a hard-faught win in their first collegiate match at No. 1 doubles with a 9-8 win to put Bethany on the board.
- McDonald would go on to earn a three-set win at No. 4 singles (7-6, 3-6, 10-8) to score a second point for the Bison team score.
- Geneva won at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles and claimed five of the six singles matchups to earn the season-opening win.
- The Golden Tornadoes held of both senior Emily Folk (Hagerstown, Md./North Hagerstown) and freshman Brooke Provenzano (New Cumberland, W.Va./Oak Glen) in three sets at No. 6 and No. 2 singles, respectively.
- Bethany returns to action on Sunday, September 2 when they travel to Greensburg, Pennsylvania to take on Pitt.-Greensburg for a non-conference match
- The two teams will begin at 2 p.m.