Andrew Woodley, Sports Information Director
NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. (Oct. 12) – The Bethany College volleyball team was defeated by Westminster (20-25, 25-17, 20-25, 25-20, 15-13) in a Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) match Tuesday night inside the Buzz Ridl Gymnasium.
- Final: Westminster 3, Bethany 0 (25-17, 25-13, 25-9 | Box Score)
- Records: Bethany 16-9, 9-4 PAC | Westminster 18-4, 10-2 PAC
- Location: Buzz Ridl Gymnasium | New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Westminster claimed the first six points of the night, before moving on to claim a 25-17 win in the opening set.
- Bethany and Westminster were tied at 6-6 in the second set, before the Titans notched nine-straight points to take a 15-6 lead. Westminster went on to take the second set 25-17.
- The third set played similar to the second set, as Westminster and Bethany were tied at 8-8 early on. Westminster scored eight-consecutive points to run out to a 16-8 lead before closing out the match at 25-9.
- Sophomore Katie Sparks (Macedonia, Ohio/Trinity) led the Bison with 6 kills and 10 digs.
- Junior Reilly Parker (North Huntington, Pa./Norwin) tallied 21 digs to lead the defense.