Bethany College Football lost its first game of the season to Ursinus in a non-conference matchup, by a final of 22-10 on Saturday in Collegeville, Pa.
Ursinus opened the second quarter by forcing a team safety. Just before the half, Bethany was able to get on the board and gain a lead off of a 37 yard field goal off the foot of Sean Cole. The Bison led 3-2 at halftime.
The second half didn't favor the Bison. The Bears regained the lead off of a 22 yard touchdown pass at the 11:50 mark of the third quarter. Moments later, the lead was extended to 16-3, after a 12 yard touchdown pass.
In the fourth quarter, the Bison kept battling after giving up 22 points. With a 1:39 left in the game, sophomore Dom Salinetro threw a five yard touchdown pass to Abe Lyles to cut the lead to 12. Bethany was unable to complete the comeback.
Offensive Game Leaders
- Dom Salinetro (9-20, 115 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT)
- Carlin Bason (7-15, 54 yds, 58 rushing yds)
- Gregory Avent (27 rushing yds)
- Raekwon Wright (24 rushing yds, 6 rec, 38 yds)
- Hunter Klein (5 rec, 63 yds)
Defensive Game Leaders
- Phil Taylor (11 tackles)
- Jalen Heckstall (10 tackles, 1 forced fumble, .5 tackles for loss of one yard)
- Chas Blango (7 tackles, 1 sack for eight yards, 1 forced fumble)
- Anthony Fiasco (1 INT)
- Kiandre Murphy (1 fumble recovered for 11 yards)
- Tre'Jour Owens (1 fumble recovered, 2 tackles for a total loss of five yards)
- Mohamed Elola (forced one fumble)
- Mike Berry ( 1 fumble recovered)
- Dadrick Vickers ( 2 INT for 8 yards)
- Danny Gilbert Jr. (1 INT for 49 yards)
Bethany College travels to Grove City, Pa to face the Wolverines to open up PAC play on Saturday, September, 14 at 7 pm.