Bethany College Football traveled to Waynesburg, Pa for a PAC matchup against the Yellow Jackets Saturday afternoon. The Bison pulled away for a 41-17 victory over the orange and black. The green and White are now 1-2 (1-1) while Waynesburg is 0-3 (0-2).
The Yellow Jackets took a 10-0 lead quickly in the first quarter. The Bison were able to get on the board with a Raekwon Wright 17 yard touchdown run with 2:53 to go in the first quarter. The green and white trailed 10-7 at the end of the first quarter.
It was all Bethany from the second quarter on. Wright rushed in a six yard touchdown to give the Bison a lead, 14-10. The Bison held onto the lead going into the half. In third quarter, Gregory Avent pushed in a one yard touchdown at the nine minute mark and Wright went 27 yards for his third touchdown of the day. The green and white led 27-10 at the end of the third.
In the fourth senior quarterback Carlin Bason rushed 56 and 49 yards for two touchdowns to extend the lead to 41-10. The Yellow Jackets knocked in a touchdown with four minutes to go in the game. The Bison would run away with the victory 41-17.
Offensive Game Leaders
- Carlin Bason (6-11, 113 passing yards, 1 passing TD, 2 Rushing TD's, 174 rushing yards)
- Raekwon Wright (136 yards, 3 TD's)
- Greg Avent (39 yards, 1 TD)
- Sean Cole (5-6 extra points)
Defensive Game Leaders
- Kiandre Murphy (7 tackles, 1 broken up pass)
- Daniel Gibson (6 tackles, 1 tackle for a loss of 2 yds., 1 broken up pass)
- Chas Blango (6 tackles, 2 sacks- 13 yds., 3 tackles for a loss of 14 yds.
- Danny Gilbert Jr. (1 forced fumble)
- Donte Cooper (1 forced fumble)
- Anthony Fiasco (1 INT – 14 yds.)
- The Bison defense had nine tackles for a loss of 26 yards
Bethany College returns to Bison Stadium for homecoming against Westminster on Saturday, September 28. Kickoff is set for 7 pm.