Bethany, W. Va. – The Bethany College football team hosted the Geneva Golden Tornadoes for a PAC matchup Saturday afternoon. The Bison edged the Golden Tornadoes, 27-24.
The Bison scored in twenty five seconds in the opening play of the contest. Raekwon Wright punched the ball in on a two yard run. The green and white held the Golden Tornadoes on their first drive and took advantage with a Sean Cole 31 yard field goal to give the Bison a 10-0 lead.
Bethany kept the momentum rolling in their favor punching in a two yard touchdown run from Greg Avent. In the second quarter, Geneva tried to catch Bethany, scoring on a 39 yard run and a 31 yard pass. The green and white led 17-13 at the half.
In the third quarter, the Bison added to their lead with a 32 yard touchdown pass from Dom Salinetro to Hunter Klein. The green and white's defense held the Golden Tornadoes to a field goal, maintaining the lead 24-16 after three. Geneva cut the lead to 27-24 in the fourth quarter, but the Bison defense held the Golden Tornadoes scoreless afterwards. The green and white were able to cut the Golden Tornadoes comeback short with an interception.
Offensive Game Leaders
- Dom Salinetro (5-6, 76 yds, 1 TD)
- Carlin Bason (8-17, 122 passing yds, 144 rushing yds, 2 INT)
- Hunter Klein (6 rec, 152 yards, 1 TD)
- Raekwon Wright (122 total yards, 1 TD)
- Greg Avent (6 yards, 1 TD)
- Sean Cole (2-2 FG, 3-3 XP)
Defensive Game Leaders
- Chas Blango (13 tackles, 1 fumble recovery)
- Mike Berry (9 tackles)
- Daniel Gibson (8 tackles, 0.5 sacks – 3 yards, 2.5 tackle for loss – 9 yards)
- Phil Taylor (7 tackles, 1 forced fumble)
- Bryce Rohbaugh (4 tackles, 0.5 sacks – 4 yards, 0.5 tackle for loss – 4 yards)
- Jermain Snodgrass (1 INT- 16 yards)
- Quron Eggleston (1 INT – 8 yards)
Bethany College football returns to the Bison Stadium turf on Saturday, October 19, when they host the Carnegie Mellon Tartans. Kickoff set for 4 pm.