Marietta, Ohio - The Bethany College men's lacrosse took on Marietta in a non-conference tilt Wednesday afternoon. The Bison were defeated by the Pioneers, 18-2.
Marietta hit the back of the net first scoring the first two goals of the game. Bethany got on the board with 3:46 to go in the first period from a Nick Melita shot, cutting the lead in half, 2-1. The Pioneers would hold the Bison scoreless until the fourth period. Bethany's defense wasn't as sharp as it has been, giving up 18 goals. Tristan Shaffer riffled one in giving the green and white their second goal with under two minutes to go in the match.
- Nick Melita ( 1G, 14-23 face off attempts)
- Tristan Shaffer ( 1 G)
- Christian Robertson ( 2 GB, 2 CT)
- Chandler Dunn ( 3 GB, 1 CT)
- Andrew Smith ( 8 saves)
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Bethany was 18-25 on clear attempts
- The green and white won 15-24 faceoffs
- The Bison took 29 shots compared to the Pioneers 44
- Bethany caused four turnovers and were 0-3 on extra man opportunities
Bethany – 3-3
Marietta – 3-3
Bethany begins PAC Conference play on March 30 at Franciscan. Faceoff set for 1 pm.